People are starting to notice.... I told everyone who would listen that I was getting the band. I'm on a mission to promote acceptance of WLS so I'm not shy, even showing my incision (maybe tmi for some people, but that's just me). But it went from "how are you doing with your weight loss?" to "wow you're losing a lot of weight aren't you?" I'm a little self conscience, I've never been great at accepting compliments, but that doesn't mean I don't want to hear them! :-)
Yesterday I had a pair of pre-surgery jeans on that had never been tight on me, but fit me well. I went to go to the bathroom and since I've been wearing so many sweatpants to allow my incision to heal I've gotten used to just pulling them down. Well without even thinking I pulled my jeans off without unbuttoning them! Just slid right down! Talk about a NSV! So today I was brave enough to put on the jeans that had been a little snug. I will admit they're not quite as comfy on my incision but with the top button open they are comfy enough and loose everywhere else. At 19 lbs and 3 weeks tomorrow post op I am already just 4 lbs away from my first goal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi I just saw a comment you put on a lapbandtalk site. I wanted to to ask you some informational questions if that is ok.
ReplyDeleteYour starting weight is very close to mine now but when I have tried to get lapband opinions from doctors they tell me i am not big enough, how were you able to get it?
DId you like the doctor? how did you pick him?
Did Insurance cover it? was he very expensive?
Aren't I so nosy?? not sure you can reply but would love to hear from you
thanks
Lauren